Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Nadi Pariksha (Pulse check) - story of a miracle at 4 am


06 February 2019

Its 4 am and my body woke in pain. The whole of my lower back mainly the base of the spine in excruciating pain.

I first noticed a slight pain yesterday as soon as I woke up. It wasn't very bad, I could still do my regular yoga practice, sat through for 8 or more hours at work and then little more running around into the evening, by which the pain had considerably gone up. By bed time, I was hardly able to get up or sit still and was walking like a penguin. I left a message to my sister who is a healer to do her magic.

And come this morning, I was immobile. Even the slightest thought of moving my lower body was painful. When I touched my lower back, I felt a chill raising up the spine. I have never had such pain or anything closer so far in my entire life. In distress I reached out to my phone to read my sister's response that she was very sick and she cannot heal in such conditions as the sickness could transfer to me. Staying miles away from family and not knowing anyone around who can rightly point me to the root of it, made me anxious.

At wee hours of morning, in the peak of New Zealand summer, I could not think of any reasons which could have caused this acute pain. In my head, I was skimming through the last few days trying to figure out what could have led me to this. Did I not sleep in the right position, was it during the yoga or gym or the usual culprit, my sitting posture at work. I was clueless & started listening to hymns which gives me some calm. I texted couple of people asking for blessings which came right away. In utter helplessness, I also texted my Nadi Vaidya (Pulse doctor) whom I consult on a regular basis. I get my pulse checked when I go to India and on few occasions she had done it over the phone. I was hoping she could do that again.

I have shared our conversation below. These pictures will do better justice than my words.



If you're amazed by what you just read, I'm with you. She din't even need to call me. I had only heard that with siddhis (special powers) one could connect to the other person from even miles away, well, my turn to experience it!



I was not only able to move my legs, like I said, I was completely surprised that I could do 3 rounds of Pavanmukthasan (Wind relieving pose) which helped me sit up in Vajrasan (Kneeling position sitting on heels). I did a good 5 minutes of Vayu mudra, Vayu (air) mudra (hand gesture) which as the words say helps to regulate and reduce air element in the body.

In a matter of 1 hour, the pain which did not let me move a millimeter had now calmed. All the margaritas, wheat noodles and raw veggies over the last few days had created Vata dosha (air imbalance) which directly affected my movement.

Although I was aware of the power of Yoga (in its wholesome sense which includes Ayurveda, Postures, Breathing techniques, Meditation and a plethora of holistic sciences and sustainable living), today I had a first hand opportunity of experiencing it at a much deeper level.

For now, I am still walking like a penguin, need support to stand up, but at the same time still in disbelief that I'm able to sit up and write this post. 60 minutes and the energy had complete transformation. As this was to me, nothing less than a miracle.

With all my love & gratitude for all those who directly and indirectly helped me on this mission and to this incredible knowledge floating around us, I wish you all good health, peace and prosperity.



Antaraathma

No comments:

Post a Comment