Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tomboshima

Itz time to write about my beshhht fren. Tommy, one of the most beautiful creations of god sent straight away to be my closest buddy!!!

She happened to come to our house when she already a year old. Initially she was hesitant to get along with us but in no time she was an important member of our family. It might sound weird if I say she was very matured, poised and intelligent of any animals I had seen before, but she actually was... So intelligent that she read our moods by looking at us and accordingly behaved. She was pampered to the max by me and dad. And mum used to be the real boss for whom she was very scared of.

Few more years we had Babloo. Another small puppy from jamkandi. The most weak, stupid but a very innocent pet. And hence my mum's fav. Tommy and babloo quickly got along playing pranks on each other. It was the best paatime for me to watch them playing pranks and I too sometimes joined 'em ;) They rarely fought, when thy did all we did was to close our ears and stand mute till they stopped.
Tommy was everybody's fav as she took no time to befriend anybody, so all those who came home used to pamper her. My cousins's enjoyed sleeping on her tummy. Dogs usually do not like kids playing pranks with 'em but my tombo was an exception. Tombo, Tomboimashu, Tommanna, Kanda, mottu, dumpa were few of the names I gave her. Dumpa used to be common name to both her n my mum... Both used to respond to it ;)  I have this habit of calling the person I love with variey of names. So she won max number of pet names...

She was with us for more than 11 yrs and has left behind plenty of sweet memories which we all cherish even today... Few of 'em I'd love to dot down

This used to her best part of her routine - going for a long walk, not a single day she missed to wake my dad in the morning and to knock the door exactly at 6 in the evening.
Bread used to be her fav eatable. The moment the cover made sound or the fridge door opened tommy would be present with her eyes wide open.
Her eyes were the most beautiful... well it reminds me of a strange fact about me that I fall of beautiful eyes ;) They catch my attention immediately.

This proves her brains - During winter, without our notice she used to climb sofa and sleep the whole night but made sure she switches to her assigned place by the time any of us wakes up in the morning. Smart!! but my mum wd catch her by seeing her fur stuck to the sofa bed ... ha ha paapa
I should not miss this scene which I created when I was class 10th. Some afternoon, all of a sudden I woke up from my nap and started weeping so badly that both my mum n sis got scared and started worrying as to why I was crying so badly, I cd not stop my tears and after 15 mins or so I opened my mouth and said that Tommy had died in ma dream.... Huh mum ran and brought tommy to my bed and consoled me.
That nightmare finally happened in real on Oct 2nd, 2008, after a long 4 days of suffering. It was just few days before I was to leave to Mumbai to join SISL. I can't forget those last couple of mins she spent on my lap.

I miss her so much even today :(

No comments:

Post a Comment